Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectAny Sa-Ra "Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love" OKP review forthcoming?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185505
185505, Any Sa-Ra "Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love" OKP review forthcoming?
Posted by misterphoneman, Tue Jul-14-09 04:45 PM
185572, ?@!$
Posted by Lyterall, Mon Jul-20-09 06:09 PM
Usually when i purchase a new album, i burn a J and listen to an album in full in my garage. But with the new Sa-Ra, i couldnt. I thru to track 5 and just hit pause! Since then, i've listen to the album only once and that was in its entirely. I dont really have a "review" of the album. From just hearing it once, i can say that i like the first album better. Maybe it was the support of guess emcee and singers or the dope beats. I dont know. This new joint is, hell, i dont know. I really need to evaluate it again. I do dig the into track, Spacefruit, even though it was used as an interlude on Kweli's album, Eardrum.

Lyterall appears courtesy of
Z.F.T.P./Sign To Myself Records
185584, I personally love it more than the first
Posted by tbits, Wed Jul-22-09 01:01 AM
I keep putting Dirty Beauty and The Bone Song in my rotation.
185592, RE: I personally love it more than the first
Posted by Lyterall, Wed Jul-22-09 03:56 PM
I think the feature with Erykah Badu (Fly Away) on their first release is doper than Dirty Beauty. As far as the rest of the album, i can't really call it. BUT, i do know i like Fly Away better than Dirty Beauty. You know what Misterphoneman. You should just go buy the album yourself. And not on I-Tunes or a free download neither. But physically take yourself to a cd store and buy the cd. Not only will you be supporting Sa-Ra, you will be supporting the artist that did the cover art and booklet illustrations and package design. How cool would that be??????

185598, RE: I personally love it more than the first
Posted by misterphoneman, Thu Jul-23-09 10:51 AM
Wellll just for the record, I did take myself down to Best Buy and purchased a copy (on the day it came out no less) and I thoroughly enjoy it as I did the Hollywood Recordings. I'm just curious if OKP is going to review it and if not, why?
185601, WOW!
Posted by Lyterall, Thu Jul-23-09 07:57 PM
Didnt expect that answer. Very proud that someone other than myself still buys music from stores.

185597, Initially, I was unimpressed...
Posted by Midtown Records, Thu Jul-23-09 04:58 AM
Perhaps I'll give it another chance.

But honestly, I haven't listened to it since I bought it.

And that was the week it was released.