Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectI was in Boston/Mansfield, MA for the show...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=185496&mesg_id=185548
185548, I was in Boston/Mansfield, MA for the show...
Posted by ChampD1012, Sun Jul-19-09 02:32 AM
they changed up the set list times...alot of people missed Common and The Roots because of it...

Since it was on two stages, people leave to see people and come back to find out that made a switch...

The two biggest ones for me was when House of Pain and Common swapped slots and when The Roots and Big Boi swapped. I left to go see M.O.P. thinking that House of Pain was doing their set. Went back to the main stage after M.O.P was done and Common was almost finished. I was hurt. He was one of the main reasons for me going.

I was lucky to catch the roots. If I didn't have interest to see Big Boi, i would have missed them too...because the second swap happened. When I saw the instruments come out, i knew that wasn't Big Boi. I just hope next year, they just have one stage. Or if they have two stages again, I suggest rethinking who you put on the main stage vs. the paid dues stage.

I wanted to see Raekwon, but I wasn't gonna miss the Roots show to see him. And I wanted to see RZA, but I wasn't willing to risk missing Big Boi. I don't understand why Wu Tang wasn't on the main stage. That made no sense to me. Other than that, it was ok. The Roots held it down as usual and DJ Dummy did well for Common. I am pretty sure Common held it down even though I missed it. I didn't stay for the entire Nas/Damien Marley set because I wanted to beat traffic out of the Comcast Center.