Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Do you think criminal action should go against people who draw up bad contracts?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=184637&mesg_id=185644
185644, RE: Do you think criminal action should go against people who draw up bad contracts?
Posted by LucidDreamer85, Tue Jul-28-09 04:41 PM
It is the artists responsibility to himself to get it checked over by somebody who has dealt with music contracts before or some kind of lawyer who will understand and be able to decipher the language within the contract...

It's one thing to promise something and then fall back on it, it's another when it is in the contract and you sign it....

Don't be so eager to sign it, they always have THEIR best interest in mind so take note of that and be cautious and careful when signing.

Always have a few people look it over and never be afraid to question the wording and it's meaning within the contract.

I have never signed one as I have not released any of my music yet....will soon though, but I went to school for music production and took classes on just this kind of thing...

You need to watch your own back because nobody else is..