Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: patience, grasshopper
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=181226&mesg_id=181276
181276, RE: patience, grasshopper
Posted by Hiquanji, Tue Dec-09-08 01:27 PM
I stumbled upon the Roots after they opened for Dave Matthews back in the TFA days. I immediately bought TFA and their previous albums, fell in love with the sound and creativity of a live hip hop band. The Roots gave me Okayplayer and opened my ears to the sounds of Common, Talib, LB, and countless other unique artists whom I became a fan of. They also have performed some of the top live shows I have been lucky enough to attend, maintaining that level of consistent performance while touring on a ridiculous schedule which included the majority of the past 10 years...all while coming up with time to create album after album of their own creative material which they poured their sound into. The rest is long overdue, glad they can find a stable period to enjoy their lives from the comforts of a place they can call home. I look forward to what this time will produce from an album standpoint, the Roots band moves in a new direction but the soul will remain the same. Thank you Roots band members (past and present) hope I get a chance to catch to catch the final show of the decade+ long tour.