Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: An Open Letter To Erykah Badu
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=179953&mesg_id=180111
180111, RE: An Open Letter To Erykah Badu
Posted by augusts1, Tue Oct-28-08 11:28 PM
Thank you Baduworld for the quick update reply, it is greatly appreciated. I can understand why there would be a miscommunication since there are so many people involved in the mngmt. of an artist.

I happened to be one of the two people the ticket situation happened to on the US tour. The four people you are referring to happened on the European tour but they were notified before their respective concerts. The two of us who's tickets weren't available on the US tour were sent a poster autographed by Erykah & the poster artist Emek as well as an autographed copy of New Amerykah. Passes for a future show would be great as well since I didn't get to see Erykah this tour.

As far as Erykah managing herself, isn't the William Morris Agency involved in managing Badu on some level? I know that when you email the Baduworld site there is an autoresponse that informs that you must email William Morris Agency regarding offers for performances. So how do they figure into the picture?

I look forward to seeing items in the general store in a few days. And once again thank you for your responding so quickly and wanting to make this situation right. It will make for a happy team!