Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectAn Open Letter To Erykah Badu
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=179953&mesg_id=179953
179953, An Open Letter To Erykah Badu
Posted by augusts1, Thu Oct-23-08 08:40 PM
Hello Erykah! This is Augusts1. I want you to know that your management is taking a major amount of time(two & a half months) to reward us w/incentives on your Fancorps.com site. The first time they put stuff in the general store it took them months as well and then they only put in 15 items! There are 1500 members on your Fancorps site although there are 500 who have enough points to buy items in the store. But only 15 items at a time? There should always be stuff available! It's like working at a job & having to wait to get your paycheck for more than a month. Your management is taking advantage of the situation & not letting you know what's going on. I don't think this is how you would want your fans to be treated is it? I certainly hope it isn't.

I love your music & appreciate so much your energy & light, so I enjoy promoting you & your music but this situation is just wrong and you have started losing people. We are getting very discouraged. I've emailed the team leader numerous times about this & all she has to say is 'we're still waiting on management & our hands are tired.' I don't want to get her in trouble since it's your management who is controlling this. With how you present political & social injustices on your latest album I find it hard to believe that you would allow this to go on. Basically, it's a sweatshop that's been created in a virtual setting. I've gone the proper route for months now & this situation is still not resolved. So this was the only way I knew how to get through to you directly, since I know you frequent this site on occasion.

Please feel free to go on the site & ask any of the top team people, they will know what's going on. I'm the third highest in ranking on the site as far as points go & I've taken this on as a project. There are a few other issues as well, so this isn't the only thing that has happened. Anyway, I hope to hear back from you & that this is rectified soon. Take care Erykah, you are a blessing to us all & we love you & your wonderful music. Feel free to contact me here or on your fancorps site.