Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectVegas Debaucle
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=179252
179252, Vegas Debaucle
Posted by DawnJawn, Tue Sep-30-08 04:18 AM
Hey Gang-

For those of you who came out to party with Questlove in Las Vegas at Prive on Monday September 29th, lemme just start by saying we're sorry but we had to roll out. Being the consummate professional that he is, Questo arrived on time and ready to rock the crowd. I know a few of you saw us walking in the club and standing at the DJ booth.

After a lot of back and forth and ignoramous bullshiiiiieeeet, the club decided they didn't wanna honor their contract with us and kept stalling and not letting Ahmir on the decks. After literally leaving us standing there with not even a bottle of water, and strict instructions NOT to let Ahmir start his set, we went back upstairs to our rooms where I sit now writing this post.

If you came tonight, I'm so sorry. We promise to make it up to you...Shady club promoters are the worst, but you fans are our life.

DawnJawn
*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/
179265, so who was playing?
Posted by stylus, Tue Sep-30-08 01:12 PM
that was so important for them not to honor a contract?
179268, RE: so who was playing?
Posted by DawnJawn, Tue Sep-30-08 02:09 PM
No clue. Some local opener DJ. Nice guy, not his fault. But ironic that they would put Questlove's face all over billboards and flyers and then not want him to play.

Wack Wack WACK.

DawnJawn
*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/
179269, that is weird :/
Posted by allison, Tue Sep-30-08 02:58 PM

179271, thats some bullshit...
Posted by gravity508, Tue Sep-30-08 03:46 PM
this is the first time something like this has happened, right?
179273, RE: thats some bullshit...
Posted by superfuji57, Tue Sep-30-08 04:19 PM
I was there last night in ?uesto t-shirt and all. My friends and I waited until 2:30AM before leaving very disappointed.
179279, true stan ^ in a good way ;)
Posted by allison, Tue Sep-30-08 05:48 PM
179278, can you provide any details on what went wrong?
Posted by sweeneykovar, Tue Sep-30-08 05:38 PM
179355, RE: can you provide any details on what went wrong?
Posted by Boutbidnis, Fri Oct-03-08 11:39 AM
sounds like they encountered 1 of the many slimey/grimey bullshitass promoters looking to capitalize off of ?love's fame and jerk job the party goers for a few bucks as well. Look out Mr. Bullshitass promoter, Karma is a BITCH man!........can we get a name so that the people know not to fuck w/ this guy/gal in the future? Put him on BLAST!
179371, So for those of us that went.
Posted by Battle Max, Sat Oct-04-08 04:21 AM
Do we get free UNDFTDxQuestlove Prive shirts?????? lol