Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectD'Angelo.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=179140
179140, D'Angelo.....
Posted by livechesnutt, Thu Sep-25-08 03:56 AM
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
179142, LMFAO...IM SAYIN THO!!!!!!!!!! nm
Posted by buttersoul, Thu Sep-25-08 08:08 AM

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." ~Einstein

Dont take me thurre "thou misbegotten scurvy"
179195, quit holding your breath...
Posted by da_illest_one, Sat Sep-27-08 07:21 AM
why keep hoping this dude will make a come back if he doesn't feel its worth to do so...
take his two classics, enjoy them, move on in life....
179286, ^^Still Gay^^
Posted by themn, Wed Oct-01-08 08:53 AM
179288, RE: ^^Still Gay^^
Posted by The Big ED, Wed Oct-01-08 09:33 AM
Ha ha. I know dude wants it more then any of us.

He's just playin the disgruntled fan card. I can't blame dude though, since I'm starting to get there myself
179203, RE: LMFAO...IM SAYIN THO!!!!!!!!!! nm
Posted by Walk Wit Me85, Sat Sep-27-08 07:53 PM
:/
179275, around the corner...
Posted by BKyle, Tue Sep-30-08 04:28 PM
I got word that D'Angelo has made strides on a new project under the guidence of Clive Davis at J Records. (Clive's label is the new rehad for careers and artists I guess... bahdah-boom "Whitney Houston")

That's all I'm saying about that... but the late part of next year, or the following, should be a good one for some. I hope the material is good, quality, and has an audience, because the familiar "D'angelo image" was a Must-Have under Clive's "supervision". (Clive knows where the money is). Six pack abs and all. I understand it that D has got THAT back and is "ready". *I dunno homie*

Don't hold your breath though... we haven't heard from Whitney YET... so we KNOW D may be a minute.

I'm just sharing what was told to me at a wedding dinner by "someone involved and legitimately affiliated" with the D camp. I don't always buy what I hear in this fickle-ass industry, so.....

... We'll see. Thought I'd share, because THIS is the most anyone has heard in years.

B.Kyle
179284, RE: around the corner...
Posted by NastySpice96, Wed Oct-01-08 12:42 AM

>That's all I'm saying about that... but the late part of next
>year, or the following, should be a good one for some

Did you mean to say the later part of this year, or did u really mean to say late 09/early '10? cuz if u meant the latter.... damn lol.
179285, RE: around the corner...
Posted by te ora, Wed Oct-01-08 04:16 AM
>
>>That's all I'm saying about that... but the late part of
>next
>>year, or the following, should be a good one for some
>
>Did you mean to say the later part of this year, or did u
>really mean to say late 09/early '10? cuz if u meant the
>latter.... damn lol.

yeah, 'cause the words been late this year (obviously not happening) or the top of '09 at the latest

so, D' BEEN PUSHED BACK A YEAR ALREADY!? without a release date even lol

can't say its surprising though....
179401, RE: around the corner...
Posted by Jrod Indigo, Sun Oct-05-08 04:54 PM
Like I said before....y'all ain't ready. :-)

Big ups to BKyle for giving the latest info***