Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectRE: SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=178538&mesg_id=178547
178547, RE: SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!!
Posted by bdietzdeuce2, Sun Aug-31-08 11:33 AM
Okay im back for part2.....
In reponse to yellow i buy alotta cds...i think downloading is killing the music game...if the cds dope i buy it...Here is something that Skillz made a point about that i agree with....It's ridiculous that a gr8 producer like NO ID had to sign with So So Def to get Jayz to listen to or even work with him...Big Name artists are not accessible to up and coming good artists slash producers...n what really kills me is that DJ Premier recently did an interview saying the beat he gave Ill Bill (Ill Bill- Society Is Brainwashed...which is a gr8 song) Jay Z didnt even listen too....Primo and Ski were a huge reason why Jay got a big boom when he came out

And listen there isnt any next Biggie, Jay, etc.....All these dumbasses come on tryin to sound like what is sellin...Jeezy sucks...Rick Ross is garbage..Lil Wayne has flow but his lyrics are worthless...These are top selling artists....The new east MCs who are somewhat new and supposed to be good are horrible...Saigon is a very incredible artist...his LP may never come out...other than that who.....Papoose i cant stand...its sounds like he just talks...there are no good dope new NY/PHILA MCs anymore....thats why the trone hasnt been takin....back in the 90's new mfrs used to get on flex show n freestyle n kill it (memeber when DMX/NORE/CANIBUS cypher...CRAZY WHEN IT HAPPENED)....you dont get that anymore...all down south bullshit....

Come out fresh and if your dope you will make it....but east coast rap is dead....unless someone new pops up and kills it and goes against the grain its a wrap for us.....theres no reason a guy like Jim Jones should sell the records he does..he is on of the worst rappers ever....im sorry but souljah boy is stupid.....our youth are getting dumber by the minute and are embracing this stupid rap....its kills me as a fan