Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectOkayplayer Featured Artist: Solange - SoL-AngeL and the Hadley St. Dreams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=178331
178331, Okayplayer Featured Artist: Solange - SoL-AngeL and the Hadley St. Dreams
Posted by okpdan, Tue Aug-26-08 11:28 AM
Solange steps out with a fresh, beautiful and delicious sound on her new CD, SoL-AngeL and the Hadley St. Dreams. The album features a literal dream team of collaborations including Mark Ronson, Cee-Lo, Pharrell, The Neptunes and Lamont Doizier. Inspired by the 60's, Solange showcases a Motown influenced sound that has been given a "kick" courtesy of some London inspired Electronica. Highlight tracks include "I Decided," "Sandcastle Disco," and "God Given Name."

Listen the ENTIRE album, watch the videos, and if you like... BUY IT... all right here.

http://www.okayplayer.com/featured/s/featured-artist/156/
178333, so whats yall take on the album
Posted by thembi, Tue Aug-26-08 11:48 AM
thinking about copping some time this week
178335, The Album os FIYAH!
Posted by Skeet, Tue Aug-26-08 12:42 PM
My favs on it are:
-T.O.N.Y
-Wouldve Been The One
- Sandcastle Disco
- 6'O clock Blues

Solange is hott, or maybe im jus anti beyonce? But anyway it goes its good stuff!
178359, $6.98 at Target....
Posted by da_illest_one, Tue Aug-26-08 08:07 PM
50 cents a song...
still cost too much...
hopefully they'll let customers get a free Solange CD with a purchase of the Belly 2 DVD...
wishful thinking...
178414, I like it
Posted by victoriawst, Wed Aug-27-08 02:51 PM
It's different from the rest of the stuff out this year.
178415, RE: I like it
Posted by Skeet, Wed Aug-27-08 03:00 PM
i love T.O.N.Y & Wouldve Been The One

the only song i havent really gotten into yet is Cosmic Journey
178418, RE: I like it
Posted by victoriawst, Wed Aug-27-08 03:42 PM
would've been the one is MY FAV!!!!!!!! that last track is also starting to grow on me, the 3 words in 1 name track...