Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectBazarro chats with Little Brother's dj- DJ FLASH Interview 1 on 1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=177074&mesg_id=177074
177074, Bazarro chats with Little Brother's dj- DJ FLASH Interview 1 on 1
Posted by Crazy Dj Bazarro, Thu Jul-24-08 04:26 AM

If your a fan of Little Brother, the super duo group that stays touring year round. Then you should know about the cool, illest humble dj....Dj Flash.....Here's a talk we had...check it:

BAZARRO; What up kid?? Been a while since we last talk, what have u been up to?

DJ FLASH; Been busy doing parities & shows with LB!

BAZARRO; I remember we used to rock together on Future Flavasonline.com with Marley Marl. Are you still doing radio? If so let people know when and where....

DJ FLASH; Well, I just quit doing BDS radio after a 5 year run. The mixshow coordinator & I never saw eye to eye when it came to breakin music & when he became Program Director, I bounced! I relaunched the Justus League Radio show that used to come on Future Flavasonline.com as a podcast (http://djflash.podomatic.com). I also got a call from my homie Dj Wreckonize to pitch in & do a couple shows here & there on the Afromentals Show (Sat. 8pm-10pm on Hip Hop Nation) with him & Dj Jamad (Shout out to ya'll) so that's a good look!

BAZARRO; As a whole, how is the Justus League doing?? Any new projects coming??

DJ FLASH; Man everybody's good? Projects? Let's see, Phonte & Zo's project, "Zo & Tigallo love the 80's", is out! Edgar Allen Floe's official debut album titled,"The Streetwise LP", is on the way. Rapper Big Pooh has 2 mixtapes (Measure's of a Man & Rapper"s Delight) & 2 Albums (Dirty Pretty Thing's & The Recipe with Young RJ) coming out this year. Median's Relief is out. 9th & Murs is coming out with Sweet Lord & Comanche's single,"Hand's High" off his 4th project,"Die in Your Lap" on the way. Also check the video out for his single on youtube!

BAZARRO: How do you feel about Lil Wayne dissing mixtapes djs, matter fact djs period?

DJ FLASH: I was like wow. How do you dis the backbone of Hip Hop!? I mean think about it. Who the fuck you think's breaking Lollipop & A Milli on radio & in the clubs. It damn sure ain't his ass!

BAZARRO: Do you think the new rappers of today have no respect for hip-hop and the pioneers?

DJ FLASH: I think there's a new generation of artists out now doin shit that older nigguhs isn't accustomed to. The ones that don't have respect, more than likely don't have any guidance & probably don't even know the importance of the pioneers & if so, Wooow!

BAZARRO: With all the new technology coming out every week, what equipment do you use???

DJ FLASH: 2 turntables & a mixer. Now when we (LB) do shows, I'll use a CD turntable to run the show on. Sometimes we'll do a show on a stage that isn't that sturdy & I know you've seen Tay in character on the stage. Gotta make sure the music isn't skipping while he's runnin around doin god knows what on the stage lol!

BAZARRO: How do you feel about dj's using Serato ??

DJ FLASH: I don't feel bad about it. I personally think it's beneficial if you travel. At 1st I was rebelling against it. I thought that you weren't going to sound the same, but after playing with it I didn't notice a significant difference with my performance. Then on top of that, you don't have to carry crates, & if you're a Dj that travels, you know that shit gets expensive, ESPECIALLY IN EUROPE!!!! I still collect vinyl. I just don't tote that shit around.

BAZARRO: What time in your life did you decide to become a dj??

DJ FLASH: When I was 12. At 11, my parents threw a B-Day party for my twin cousins with a live Dj. I noticed how he (Dj) was controlling the crowd & thought it was real dope. A year after that, I started going to Detroit for Summers where my younger cousin taught me how to mix, & Shout out to Dj Razor for teaching me how to cut!

BAZARRO: What's your favorite hip-hop joint of all time???

DJ FLASH: Man there's too many! I'll just say 1 of my favorite songs is Raekwon - Verbal Intercourse (even though Nas recycled his verse from Deja Vu)

BAZARRO: How did you hook up with LIttle Brother???

DJ FLASH: It was kinda crazy cause when I met them, I don't think they were Little Brother, & I met each member at different times. I met Phonte 1st at a MC Battle, then a few months later I met 9th at a record store. It was kinda crazy how I met P. cause I thought he was going to fight a dude I knew that worked at the record store over some turntables (funny shit)! I met Pooh later on when I started going to Missie Anne, along with the other League members.

BAZARRO: How long have you been touring with them and what's your most favorite place you guys been to??

DJ FLASH: I've been with LB since August 2004. Favorite place has always been hands down Oslo Norway!

BAZARRO: Yeah man I've been there with Evil Dee last year, it was crazy!!!

BAZARRO: What effect did the separation of NInth Wonder and Little Brother have on you???

DJ FLASH: It didn't really effect me really! 9th told me 1st at his house. Them dudes are so talented, I knew a split like that wouldn't really hurt them. As you can see nigguhs is still working, making good music. I think the media hyped it up, all out of proportion, cause if it was that big of a deal, one of them would've left Hall of Justus Music Group or better yet J League! You see we all still here collectively!

BAZARRO: Who will you vote for, Obama or Mccain....LOL????

DJ FLASH: C'mon Man! Obama!!!

BAZARRO: What are you bumping the most on your playlist???

DJ FLASH: Skyzoo - Shine prod. by M-Phazes. That shit is Hard!

BAZARRO: Name your top five rappers of all time???

DJ FLASH; Rakim, KRS-One, Big, Jay, Andre 3000, & Nas! I know you asked for 5, but I have 6!

BAZARRO: Yeah Dre is nice, alot of cats be sleeping on him.

BAZARRO; People think touring is all fun, please explain the grueling job of being a tour dj...

DJ FLASH: You never sleep! Always fuckin around with disgruntled sound-men that don't give 2 shits about doin sound for hip hop acts! Missing in stores that give out free shit cause you're doing sound check! I can go on!

BAZARRO: I know how you feel, what the hell is sound check for anyway...lol it never sounds the same anyway when the show starts. I always throw water on sound-men anyway...lol

BAZARRO: Who's the crazyist person on the tour???

DJ FLASH: Man homie, everybody has their own crazy ways when we on tour!!!

BAZARRO: Gas is now 3 million dollars per gallon,,,,any solutions???

DJ FLASH: Jack someone's license plate, put it on your whip & steal some gas! That way, when the cashier tries to run you down & all they can get is the plate, you know you're straight cause it ain't even you!

BAZARRO: LMAO!!!

BAZARRO: Are you still worried about Brittany Spears.,,,LOL ???

DJ FLASH: Who?...........................................................................Lindsay Lohan?

BAZARRO: Thanks for chatting with the crazy one and thanks for your time....What are you about to go do right now???

DJ FLASH: Eat some brownies! Oh yeah homie! We need to do another mixtape or put a podcast out together or somethin! The first mixtape we did never came out! Holla at me!

BAZARRO: Yeah lets do it!!! peace....