Go back to previous topic
Forum nameR.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006)
Topic subjectand the pain weighs a ton...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=27&topic_id=860&mesg_id=873
873, and the pain weighs a ton...
Posted by Pinko_Panther, Thu Feb-16-06 10:52 PM
Stay strong brother thought, I know the feeling of losing somebody inspirational and irreplaceable to illness (my father). Rest assured, I took everything that he should have been before he died and vowed to accomplish those great feats through my own life skills and abilities. As an atheist who doesn't believe in God, the supernatural, heavan or hell, I have had to evaluate what the death of somebody important means to us in the greater scheme of things. Through deep reflection it hit me that every single one of us carries a piece of one another inside us as a result of our interactions (whether personally or through a medium like music, or litterature). These pieces of each other that we all hold inside ourselves give us purpose by allowing us to work towards a common goal for the betterment of all humanity. These traumatic events that we experience also help us understand how none of us are merely the isolated individuals that this society sometime teaches us to, but that we are truly social creatures -each one of us composed of many interconnected fragments of one another. Let us use those fragments to keep the legacy of our fallen heroes alive!