Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI didn't track it. I did the whole thing in Sound Forge.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=6751&mesg_id=7003
7003, I didn't track it. I did the whole thing in Sound Forge.
Posted by FireBrand, Fri Jun-02-06 06:49 AM
I've never done a mix before, and was tired of waiting on folk to use their equipment, so I said fuck it and tried it on my computer. I had been reading up on mixes, etc for a few weeks prior, and thought I could use that little bit of knowledge I got.

Problem was, that I don't really know how to measure the db's- like once it got to a certain level of orange on a track- I just figured if they all were at that level, it would sound right as long as it aint go in the red.

Then I noticed the shit was loud as fuck according to the readings, but some shit I was reading in Mix magazine was saying that alotta folk record shit extra loud and that music today is ALOT louder than it was back in the day.

I called my boy, and he says he likes it loud and would not expound, so when I played it back in my monitors and it sounded str8, I said- fuck it.

Then I played it in my car, and my boy's car and it sounded fine.

But I know the shit aint right.

I'm wondering if I gotta remix the shit, cus I didn't save the tracks as I mixed them. I'd have to redo the whole thing.

<---ATL Hip Hop. Learn on it.
ATL, Hoe!
www.myspace.com/northernarcatl
www.northernarc.net
www.last.fm/user/KwadwoJuma/