Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectTIPS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=5962&mesg_id=6261
6261, TIPS
Posted by Zoltan_Cleotis_Johnson_III, Fri May-26-06 10:32 AM
As far as getting FL Studio, I think that it is well worth the purchase. But it can easily be downloaded from your pick of p2p programs.

As far as starting out it would be good to read the help manual located within the program just to learn the basics of how everything works.

In order to get good with FL your going to have to get good with some sort of .wav editting program. I personally use Cool Edit Pro or Adobe Audition (both can be purchased or downloaded from your pick of p2p programs).

When it comes to chopping up a loop this is where your own personally style comes in. I have heard people just chop up 4 bars, 2 bars, or even 8 bar loops.

And some people get more exact and chop out specific sounds of instruments (drums, horns, strings) or a specific part of a 4 bar measure that they like.

Either way you wanna save those chopped pieces into a file and import them into fruity loops using a "sampler" channel.

You can link these sampler channels to buttons on your keyboards using a "layer" channel. Which turns your keyboard into a botleg version of a trigger finger or mpd16. I had the trigger finger and actually prefer my keyboard over it (plus i broke it).

Once you have everything setup, it all up to your creativity.

Another note is that, everything you make is not goin to be hot. And your first couple of beats may be trash, but FL, like everything else in life is a learning process.

Dont aim to sound like someone because there are thousands of people already on that road.

If I missed anything or if help is needed dont be afraid to give me a holla.