Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjecti think i can agree with this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=5124&mesg_id=5380
5380, i think i can agree with this
Posted by apex, Thu May-18-06 02:26 PM
for me, i have weekly (sometimes biweekly) sample searching sessions, but i never sample more than 25-30 samples at a time...

out of that 25-30, about 10-15 beats can be made in total... a lot the samples are auxillary samples that can be used to layer or as a part of intros/interludes/transitions, etc...

when i have that session, i don't think about sampling anything new until i am done with that batch... its about staying focused and creating managable workloads. i have a schedule that i am VERY strict about because of the amount of stuff i am trying to get done.

i am working 8 projects this year, with a total of about 80-90 beats needed in total, which mean 130-150 beats actually made to choose from. If you create a yearly schedule, then a monthly, then a weekly... it is VERY possible to get a shitload done and still have time to smoke a tree with wifey on the weekends...

however, each year I take 2-3 extended hiatuses from making beats... at least 2 weeks off, sometimes 3 or 4... after 2-3 months of getting 3-5 hrs of sleep on average, your creativity and motivation are shot... that's usually when i do most of my travelling/business work etc....