Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: Interested with building with OKMusicians in your area? PEEP...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=5107&mesg_id=5621
5621, RE: Interested with building with OKMusicians in your area? PEEP...
Posted by theMantheMyth, Sat May-20-06 03:40 AM
>Name: Chop Steak, aka J
>
>Location: Austin TX
>
>Talents: I make a mean omelette. But more to the point, beatmaker.
>
>Looking to Build With: Rappers and singers. Must be serious about the business/hustle side of making music.
>
>Short bio of your musical career/current interests:

Originally a jazz performance (alto sax) major at the U of Texas, I went thru some changes in my goals and changed majors. But around the same time, I started experimenting with one of my other musical loves, hip hop. Four years later, here I am. I base my sound in jazz and soul, but try to be original with how I flip it. I also like playing with genres, especially experimenting with infusing elements of southern beats into my beats. But fuck it. Just listen.

>
>Current Influences/Tastes/Favorite artists:

In general, old school east coasty types. G-Funk too. Also a lot of downtempo/trip hop producers...Fat Jon, DJ Krush, DJ Cam, etc...

But more and more, southern producers too.

>
>Contact/link:
www.myspace.com/chopsteak
chopsteak@gmail.com

okps be on some pac wasn't technical enough, they rather have "i rhyme and the universe expand wit the planets wit jupiter in my hand metamorphisizing" bullshit and then be like that's some real hip-hop. - Some lessonhead

www.soul2020.com