Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectwho has a Maschine?!?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=48197
48197, who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by Questdan, Mon Mar-26-12 12:58 PM
i am looking to upgrade to one, are they definitely worth it? what are some pros and cons? and are they easy to adjust to? i would be coming from FL Studio, would the jump be that drastic ?
48198, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by dmosphree, Tue Mar-27-12 07:35 AM
I had one and it wasn't for me. I highly suggest you test one out before you buy.

A couple things I didn't like was the lack of time stretch and the way the sequencer used "scenes" to put beats together. In the end I went back to using FL Studios.
48199, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by Questdan, Tue Mar-27-12 03:53 PM
what do you mean scenes? to put the beat together. And you couldnt time stretch a sample to fit in to a specific bpm? similar to how the pitch knob in FL changes the length of the sample by speeding it up slightly or slowing it down?
48208, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by StakksAbbot, Mon Apr-02-12 08:12 PM
i have had many samplers, software and hardware, and other than an mpc 2000xl, maschine is the buisness...

scenes are like loops you create to make a beat, so one scene for the intro, then maybe like an 8 bar loop is another scene, then a switch up for 4 bars is another scene, then a bridge, hook, and so on...

the hardware is awesome, and the software is very userfriendly...i've never used fl studio, but in comparison to other software like ableton and reason, maschine is easier to use, and can do nearly as much...that and it comes with 7gb of sounds!!!

Its dope, and well worth it once you get used to it
48209, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by Questdan, Wed Apr-04-12 12:18 PM
dope! thanks sir, I'm getting it this weekend and loooking forward to it!
48215, I'm seriously considering coppin' one myself....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Apr-07-12 11:45 AM
I was originally in the market for an mpc500
but when I saw how easy it was to import files/samples into
the maschine, I was sold. From what I've seen in video clips, it
appears to have a pretty stream-lined workflow.

I'll reserve judgement 'til I get my hands on one tho...

48218, RE: I'm seriously considering coppin' one myself....
Posted by Questdan, Sat Apr-07-12 04:36 PM
just got it, hooked it up, and now im super perplexed lol..i was so used to FL studio that a new program is actually kinda scary, thinking about re-learning everything again...
i have one huge question tho,how (if you can) do you upload mp3 files? i have a folder of sounds and samples i used from FL that are all mp3's how do i use them with the Maschine software ?/
48219, From what I saw in the clip, .....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Apr-07-12 07:19 PM
...you should be able to import the mp3's directly from the folder.
You can use the Maschine's software browser to browse all of the folders on your computer's harddrive. Here's a video tutorial that covers it. Peep the 1:24 mark.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys8bsWEWt0A&feature=relmfu

Hope that helps.....

48220, RE: From what I saw in the clip, .....
Posted by Questdan, Sat Apr-07-12 08:31 PM
good looks, homeboy broke it down lol but his imported snare was still a WAV, i was on the Maschine forums and dude said maschine cannot import MP3s :( which 95% of my sound library i have compiled over the years is made up of..he said i have to Batch Convert(whatever that means) them to WAVs..hopefully that is a simple process..but thanks for the video thats dope how easy it is to add ur drums to their library..im reading the manual now, so much to learn..
48221, Go to www.real.com. You can download the RealConverter software...
Posted by Yadgyu, Mon Apr-09-12 08:47 PM
...and use that to convert all of your mp3 files into wav files. I think you need to also download RealPlayer. That is how I convert my samples into wav files. The programs are free!
48222, RE: Go to www.real.com. You can download the RealConverter software...
Posted by Questdan, Tue Apr-10-12 09:44 AM
is it a batch converter or is it a one at a time converter? cause i have hundreds of drums and sounds..
48232, You can batch convert. Just download it and play around, man.
Posted by Yadgyu, Wed Apr-11-12 07:25 PM
Why do people ask so many damn questions? I told you it was a free program. At least try it before you start asking more questions. Take action!
48233, RE: You can batch convert. Just download it and play around, man.
Posted by Questdan, Thu Apr-12-12 11:56 AM
cause nigga you a werido! and there was no batch converter on that damn site. lol its all good tho i got one and converted my sounds already.
48309, how is your "sound library" comprised of mp3s?
Posted by AlBundy, Sun May-06-12 05:52 PM
thats the first problem

-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
48310, RE: how is your "sound library" comprised of mp3s?
Posted by Questdan, Sun May-06-12 08:19 PM
cause a nigga didnt know what he was doing when he first started this sh*t! no need to worry sir ya boy is back to making bangers now.. the Maschine is def worth the purchase if cats are wondering.
48312, word do your thing
Posted by AlBundy, Mon May-07-12 09:48 PM
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
48234, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by zayn, Fri Apr-13-12 11:15 PM
I have one sitting at the studio. Looks cool, but I don't have time to spend learning it. I've only used it as a plugin within live (with the hardware) and it was really slowing me down. However, I've heard running stand alone is much better. If you are used to drum machine/ mpcs it can't be beat (although akai is coming out with a similar product and I don't know how it compares). Of course... you could always just buy some plugins/sounds and stick with FL!

EDIT: and to answer your last question: Yes, the jump would be drastic (although some features would be familiar), but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
48306, **One Month Later**
Posted by Questdan, Fri May-04-12 10:13 AM
this Maschine is sick! ya boy back to making bangers already! it is a jump but not as drastic as i was fearing... Read the manual and your set! im sure there is still a lot more for me to learn but for now I can basically do everything i did in FL on here and i know i still have a lot to learn.
48400, I do like the sounds in it, and there's plenty of them
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Sun Jun-03-12 07:39 PM
that's a big selling point if you ask me
48479, Can you use the Maschine sounds in Kontakt?
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Jun-26-12 01:07 AM
48484, you can always sample them in if you want
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Thu Jun-28-12 05:23 PM
so I'd say yes
48497, Anybody on the fence, I think Maschine and Mikro are 50% off until Aug 31.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Jul-03-12 04:27 PM
Seems like the price it should be in the first place.
48500, actually its getting discontinued
Posted by AlBundy, Wed Jul-04-12 04:04 AM
theyre coming with a new model in about 6 months. probably to compete with the mpc controllers.

48505, but NI claims 'backward compatability is a priority'
Posted by AlBundy, Fri Jul-06-12 01:48 AM
translation: dont fk up our profit margin by not buying these bitches bitches

48529, I'll hold off on getting one.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Jul-13-12 05:17 PM
Surely they wouldn't announce a new product until sometime after this sale. I just sold my MP and my big mixer, so I'm itching to get some worthy replacements. I'm just getting into NI products, and they're about as much fun as I had with the MP when I first got it.
48530, hasnt been anounced nm
Posted by AlBundy, Sat Jul-14-12 02:14 AM
48649, New joint out in October, apparently.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Aug-29-12 09:51 AM
I waited, thanks to you.
48650, You can still get the original Maschine according to this site:
Posted by kayru99, Wed Aug-29-12 10:56 AM
http://www.digitalaudioworkshop.com/2012/08/native-instruments-maschine-mkii.html

and this one:

www.zzounds.com/a--2926348/item--NINMASCHINE

$399, til the end of the month. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, but I gotta check some accounts, lol...

If you looking to buy though, that might be the lick!

BTW, they really don't ever need to show that ugly ass multicolor pad photo too much, lol
48651, Nah, I'll wait for the new-new.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Aug-29-12 12:37 PM
48653, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXHghVH1d4
Posted by AlBundy, Thu Aug-30-12 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXHghVH1d4
http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/16540/165405246485560aaeb83f8907a9241a96bab8c1.png
http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/16540/16540529fc2d6e9581769810364e3f541835f81e.png

New Software Enhancements in Version 1.8
• MK2 controller support
• Colors for Groups, Sounds, Scenes, and Patterns
• Full version of MASSIVE synthesizer
• Offline time stretching and pitch shifting
• New effect: Transient Master
• New effect: Tape and Tube Saturators
• Save group with samples feature
• Host Transport Control: If Maschine is run as a plug-in, the hardware transport controls can be used with the host
• Sample play position indicator on the waveform (hardware and software)
• AutoWrite pinning
• AutoWrite on Maschine Mikro
• Improved handling of missing samples
• Pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them
• Choke all playing sampler voices feature ("panic button": Shift + Mute)
• Revised select page (hardware) with access to note length
• Quick select events of a sound in a pattern (Shift + Select + Pad)
• Quick erase events of a sound in a pattern (Erase + Select + Pad)

48720, copped yesterday, loving it so far
Posted by MaxPtah, Wed Oct-17-12 02:53 PM
I may end up selling my MPC1000 now, but then again, I've learned my less in knowing to keep certain things, lol
48721, Dope. I'm looking to cop within the month.
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Oct-18-12 06:32 PM
48723, next to me getting the MCU Pro as a control surface, this was a great investment
Posted by MaxPtah, Thu Oct-18-12 06:41 PM
trust me once you learn the basics of it and get used to it, you'll really love it
48722, How are y'all using it? In a DAW or stand-alone?
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Oct-18-12 06:34 PM
48724, using it as a stand alone right now
Posted by MaxPtah, Thu Oct-18-12 06:42 PM
but whenever I try to use it with Pro Tools, always freezes and I have to shut down and start all over. I'm sure its something I'm not doing right.
48737, Especially dope w/ TimeStretch now.. i use stand alone
Posted by Lesson24, Fri Nov-02-12 01:45 PM
48760, I made several record with Maschine within FL Studio as a plugin
Posted by The BRKLYN Collection, Wed Nov-21-12 11:08 AM
It's great production tool and it's very easy to learn. I say go for it.
48793, Copped!
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Dec-13-12 06:22 PM
48800, It's not loving my ASIO drivers.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Dec-17-12 02:22 AM
48802, RE: It's not loving my ASIO drivers.
Posted by MaxPtah, Tue Dec-18-12 02:44 PM
had an issue with mine's the first time I loaded mine. after a while it would crash on every start up. But I was having full cpu issues at the time. I had to reinstall everything, and its been fine since. Try hitting up NI's tech support. they seemed to helped me just fine before I realized it wasn't a maschine software or asio issue
48803, You know what,
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Dec-18-12 08:36 PM
It works better the more I open it and let it fuck up. I ordered more memory, and I'm gonna do a full factory reset.
48821, Gotta send it back. 2 dead pads.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Jan-13-13 07:50 PM
I do love it though.
49164, anyone got the Maschine Studio and/or 2.0 software upgrade?
Posted by MaxPtah, Sat Oct-05-13 07:05 AM
I'm gonna purchase the software upgrade no doubt, but I think I can wait on the hardware, haven't had the Maschine a full year yet
49165, I saw a live demo earlier this week.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Oct-05-13 01:11 PM
I'm kinda bummed that they're charging for the software update, as I've also only had the Maschine for less than a year.

Otherwise, it looks crazy dope. I love the mixer in the software, and being able to see/scroll through plug-ins on the Studio LCD screens.
49171, RE: I saw a live demo earlier this week.
Posted by MaxPtah, Tue Oct-08-13 09:21 PM
yeah, when I saw that we had to buy that upgrade I was a bit heated, but looking at what you get with it, I guess its a fair compromise.

the hardware looks great though. that's what I do love about the Maschine, it just looks good lol. Don't know if I'll end up getting that though. I said if I end up getting a new piece of hardware would be the Ren. Don't see the MS changing my mind.
49181, Copped the update.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Nov-01-13 10:03 AM
Can't wait to install later.
49187, just copped mine now and installing it
Posted by MaxPtah, Sat Nov-16-13 09:54 AM
so does it live up to the hype?
49188, It's a lot of fun.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Nov-16-13 06:17 PM
I'm getting used to the new layout, but it's not that big of a change. It's also good that it doesn't uninstall the OG 1.8 installation. I need a bigger screen to see all it has to offer, I think.
49185, Still livin' vicariously thru ya'll ninjaz....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Wed Nov-06-13 01:14 PM
Soon as I cop my new laptop, I'm gettin' dis shit...

I'm literally fiendin' right now....

49196, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by Kamiliyon, Wed Dec-04-13 08:03 AM
Anybody using it as a plugin in Logic Pro 9?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A player lies to his wife but not his girlfriend A sleeze lies to both... A MACK lies to neither!!
49197, RE: who has a Maschine?!?
Posted by dppmllc, Thu Dec-05-13 07:21 PM
I don't have a machine but I just bought an Akai MPC Element, pretty straight tho the Renaissance is way better
49199, NI has some of the sound expansions for 50% off right now.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Dec-06-13 12:32 AM
Including the Dilla/Amp Fiddler inspired Conant Gardens.
49210, im getting the maschine studio. still on the fence though
Posted by Bblock, Mon Jan-06-14 09:18 AM
Will it worked with cracked native instrument plugins? Lol, thats the only thing im worried about is it fucking up my cracked komplete ultimate 9 flow
I thought about the ren, but the ren seems like its stuck at a fixed level, as far as function expansion is concerned, unless akai steps up to unlimited pad banks in future updates. Thats my only concern