Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: I laid two tracks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=46936&mesg_id=47499
47499, RE: I laid two tracks
Posted by StakksAbbot, Sat Aug-13-11 01:02 AM
not lacking in the confidence, i see...

i like the fact that you have dug deeper with picking the instrumentals, i did the same thing, it makes for a fresh listening experience, even though we are rocking on other peoples beats...

as far as your rapping, i feel like you are very rigid...this may be what you are going for, but it is grating to listen to for a whole song, in my opinion...i would say to try switching up the flow a bit, or at least the cadence, so it is not so predictible, and so it meshes a little better with the beat...it sort of reminds me of saafir, but even his style is very hit and miss...matter of fact your voice and everything sounds like him, you aren't quite as abstract as he is, but youtube him if you aren't familiar...

i do, however, like that you seem to be reaching beyond typical rapper topics, and you are speaking about things central to you, and how you are living...

i think if you keep at it you'll get "to the top", you do have some solid cuts here, just not necessarily my cup of tea...

please don't take what i said personally, as i respect your grind, and the time you have put in, i am just trying to give out an honest critique to hopefully help you...if you are so inclined, i would appreciate the same, my page is located in my sig line...

later man