Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectGot a new beat or song? Want people to listen? Put it right here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=46936&mesg_id=46936
46936, Got a new beat or song? Want people to listen? Put it right here.
Posted by Soon, Tue Feb-22-11 08:46 PM
The previous round did pretty nicely. Having listened to several cats' tracks, I can honestly say: good work!

I'd like to keep that going with your new material and bringing in new forum members.

And, of course, the rules haven't changed. As posted before:

Ideally, post your link to a page that can be streamed to make it as easy as possible for others to listen. twiturm.com is an easy one, soundcloud.com, and more..I'll build a list of good sites to upload music to for easy sharing over time.

Caveat: If you post a beat in here, it's only fair to listen to some others while you're here! This is absolutely a learning environment...the more of us who contribute just a minute or two of time every now and then to offer some feedback to our peers, the better learning goes on for all of us. I'll be in here giving listens on a regular basis as well.

To that end, keep in mind: constructive criticism is the one hard rule. That doesn't mean you can't say you don't like something...but if you do, you also have to say WHY and what you would do to change/fix it.

Instrumentals and full songs are equally welcome. Just be prepared for things like song arrangement and your transitions between sections, etc to get feedback as well! Remember, as producers, we're in control of all of that and more

Finally, don't feel restricted by genre. Put whatever you've been working on in here, and someone will feel you on the style!

P.S. This is just the first step...I've got some ideas for things that will allow visitors & regulars a chance to participate, and things good for beginning, intermediate, and advanced producers. More importantly, I'll be taking suggestions on ways to get y'all more involved, from collaborative track-building to good old beat battles to compilations & other projects, in addition to discussion of gear and production techniques and the like.