Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI will NEVER tire of craigslist. No pick-up-hoes-o
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=46926&mesg_id=47103
47103, I will NEVER tire of craigslist. No pick-up-hoes-o
Posted by Soon, Wed Apr-13-11 04:00 PM
But a pawn shop on the edge of town posted late one afternoon that they'd gotten a Micron in, so I called them up first chance I could for hours, etc. Next morning, I rolled out there and grabbed it. They told me 5-10 people had called about it and a couple were talking about coming to get it too.

I got there less than 15 min after they opened..lol...and with sales tax factored into the cost, I was not about to get a better deal.

Since then, I've been working on a project that hasn't involved synthesizer work, but I have been messing with it constantly. The stock vocoder sounds are alright and *work* great, and since it's fully programmable, I should be able to create super-customized patches.

There's a lot of resources out there about patch making, and it seems it's way easier to tweak the existing patches than just create new ones, but that's cool.

On the downside, it looks like it has a proprietary bank setup, so I can't use standard MIDI bank commands to pull up patches in a studio setting. I think I can find specific patches' addresses by trial and error, which might be cool if I want to control the Micron doing a line so intricate I just can't play it without editing the sequencer piano roll.

Once I finish this project, I'll have more time to really test the thing's capabilities.

And that said...one reason I started checking for it was because the microKorg XL was $500 lol...the 8-voice polyphony was a huge selling point, and add extra features & the ability to record internally and I was good.