Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: Check the sig
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=44529&mesg_id=45565
45565, RE: Check the sig
Posted by alexei90, Tue Jun-08-10 06:01 PM
i'm really feelin the Soul Lounge tape. it's real solid. on "filled wit praise" it doesn't really feel like the progression resolves itself ever, if that makes any sense? it seems like it never really comes to rest. like it builds, and never gets a chance to come back down, but rather gets cut too early.

i love "good people v6a" and "set ya soul beta"

"good people v4" not as much as v6a

"nice melody beat" sounds a bit dissonant to me. i think it may be the synthy-sounding stabs in the background that throw it off, but my ears may also be fucked up, who knows?

"woodchuck guide book" is also dope

the sample at the beginning of "showtime synergy v3" had me mad excited, but then it ended up getting kind of one dimensional. the best part of that, imo, is that sample, so i suggest use it more

"Wheel and bespoke v2" is fucking awesome, great way to end the tape.

sorry for not giving any good production feedback, as far as the drum sounds and the like. i don't really know drum sounds and production technique all that much. i just listen to lots of music. but the drums, levels, the mix, etc all sounded good to me.

i'ma listen to Head Nodders sometime in the next couple days, and hopefully i can give some feedback on that, if you want it