Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjecttwo okayplayers collab, need feedback
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=42732
42732, two okayplayers collab, need feedback
Posted by oskar, Wed Apr-22-09 11:13 AM
whats up!

im looking for some feedback on a project started by myself and another okayplayer named AUDIBLE. i have three songs up on my myspace and would appreciate some feedback. we are working on an ep so if you dig what we have so far ill make sure i get the rest to you as soon as possible.

good,bad,ugly whatever.

www.myspace.com/niqnames thanks goes out to anyone that listens peace
42745, RE: two okayplayers collab, need feedback
Posted by oskar, Thu Apr-23-09 02:29 PM
word!!!?!?!?
42760, Decent tracks...MC is trash nm
Posted by DVS, Sat Apr-25-09 08:42 AM
42766, RE: Decent tracks...MC is trash nm
Posted by oskar, Sat Apr-25-09 06:56 PM
>.
thanks for the response but could you tell me why you think the mc is trash??
42771, cat has like"Zero" charisma
Posted by DVS, Sun Apr-26-09 04:11 AM
When I listen to an MC...ESPECIALLY one who is coming fresh out the gate?

He needs to sound hungry.
He needs to have a defined presence.
His vocals should command the track.

This cat (no offense, Alpine) sounds like a prototypical net MC.

The lyrics MIGHT be there...but if you don't have the magnetism to compel me to listen in the first place....then lyrics be damned.

Look...I'm not saying I'm the dopest MC out there. But I'm a well defined animal.

The music I make FORCES the audience to make a choice. Ain't shit lukewarm about it. Passion. Charisma.

MICROPHONE PRESENCE.

Repeat that.

MICROPHONE PRESENCE.

It's the bread and butter of anybody who takes this shit seriously.

Ya guy ain't got it...or if he DOES have it...he ain't showing it on the songs y'all collabed on.

Tracks are decent, tho.

Just keeping it 100 with you family...I hope you expect nothing less.

D
42772, PS...and a chance for you to shit on and/or recognize what I'm saying
Posted by DVS, Sun Apr-26-09 04:14 AM
http://iamdvsj.muxtape.com

This is a collection of throwaways and almost made its from the two albums I have in the chamber.

Like I say...the average listener doesn't know me from Adam.

But I'll be DAMNED that you can't say that I'm not either passionate about my shit...or technically skilled.

My rant is done...just wanted to give feedback as honest as I could.

Keep grinding.

D
42777, RE: PS...and a chance for you to shit on and/or recognize what I'm saying
Posted by oskar, Sun Apr-26-09 12:40 PM
aight i get what your saying but i feel like his hunger comes from a different perspective. when i originally posted that i was searching for mc's on here, he responded within a few days of me sending him a song. the other cats i met on these boards either wanted to get down but didnt have time or the wanted a beat like such and such. that alone showed me that this was more than just a myspace joint.

i did get into some of the tracks you have and called throw aways. a few of em i felt werent throwaways and i felt should be put out, if u already havent.

and yes mike presence is key but as our first collab( on both ends) i think we are heading in a good direction and the views you expressed will be taken in as out of 50 or so hits you seem to be one of those cats that actually listen and respond. thanks for that.

42787, no doubt nm
Posted by DVS, Mon Apr-27-09 12:38 AM
42964, RE: no doubt nm
Posted by oskar, Thu May-07-09 02:41 PM
bump!!! need some mo ears!
43040, RE: two okayplayers collab, need feedback
Posted by He_CantStandMe305, Fri May-15-09 12:25 PM
The beats are on point but you might want to work on your delivery. Your lyrical content is there but the delivery is going to make people grasp your track and feel the music. Other than that your on the right track.

Che Ceasor
http://www.myspace.com/checeasor
43050, RE: two okayplayers collab, need feedback
Posted by oskar, Sat May-16-09 08:56 AM
thanks for checkin man...