Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectjust as i suspected
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=42707&mesg_id=43514
43514, just as i suspected
Posted by Flasher, Sat Jul-04-09 09:30 AM
this shit sounds wayyyy better w/o the acapellas. man, i say just keep on doin the what you're doing, maybe add a couple a more sequences and take a few more samples or loops to add unexpected variations, step your drum game up and this shit could be certified hot. i'm a sucker for a funky sample so my opinion is biased but i think havin a fly loop is a lot better than no fly nothing and 27 layers of deluded amateur triton keyboardisms. i like the samples you use, i would like to stab at most of em myself.

especially the mccallum flip. i think if you woulda just put some well chosen drums on top of it, it's a done deal, i would rap on it myself. i might even steal that idea man i'm serious. i don't think anyone would bitch about you using the same sample dre used, i mean problemz and em used before he did anyway. lotta potential in that sample, axe is a gigantic titan of loopage and he gets jacked regularly, but i ain't ever got mad at an axe loop. unless it was the swizzy flip cos i was right about to fuck with it and then he went and soured the flavor for me... anyway put some drums on that, i can imagine the perfect drum kit right now...