Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: a few new to listen to..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=42707&mesg_id=42798
42798, RE: a few new to listen to..
Posted by Flasher, Mon Apr-27-09 08:45 AM
eternal- im scratchin my head. i like the snare... that main line is unorthodox... the whole beat is pretty unorthodox. i don't love it... but i kinda like it. it's weird but not in a bad way.

matterofact- i love the wah wah shit everytime so that's a plus. drums were hittin too. this beat is a victim of the no bassline syndrome tho.

kava- had some sickkk rhodes. drums were coo... another beat beggin for a bassline tho.

everything- not into this. if i was on acid and i heard this i'd have a bad trip.

lion mukhtar- two notes of bass and this beat is much hotter. i hear something bassy but it's not loud enough.

brother hayes- besides the vocal sample this didn't feel like an isaac hayes joint. decent beat tho. a bit repetitive.

anti-enthusiast- not my brand of malt liquor. i'm antienthusiastic anout this beat.

smashbots- interesting to say the least. i like the backwards wah wah shit. drums are fat too.

beatnights- nice drums and samples. loops of audiences clapping in a beat has never sounded bad in the history of rap music.

buddy melo- nice organ sample no homo. nice beat. not feelin your hi hats tho. the busy ones.

in conclusion, i can tell you studied dilla by your drums, now i'd say it's time you studied his basslines. i didn't barely even hear an 808 sub bass on these beats. do you use an MPC? or what kind of equipment are you using? maybe i can give you some pointers on bass techniques. it takes a little practice and it takes years to get them good, but having some nice bass on your beats makes all the difference in the world. plus it's the bottom of your mix and also basically the feet of your beat. without feet it ain't gonna move around the way it should.

anyway, keep on, i'll check you next time.