Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: be critical
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=42707&mesg_id=42791
42791, RE: be critical
Posted by Flasher, Mon Apr-27-09 06:55 AM
these are just my opinions and i mean no disrespect with any comments.

k-os remix-i like the sample on the hook, the phone key tones on the 2nd verse are interesing, the rest of the beat was too rave-ish for me. sorry.

roots remix-hot all the way around, piano was fly (sounded like the shit from gimme your love, superfly, but i don't think it is.) nice bass and drums. i'd like to hear more like this.

vegas joint-not my cup of tea. i can't even pass judgement on this.

chronicle remix- i'm very familiar with the og and the beat is one of the beats in my beatmaking bible. i was just buggin off how pete flipped the original sample the other day. that being said, you had your work cut out for you, but your beat was hot. bass hot guitar hot, congas hot, harp hot... but the acapella sounded like it was the wrong tempo and it sounded like it started a half step late. you almost made it work but when he gets to the words "based on a true story" it just train wrecks. the words and the beat at least. but the beat i like for the very most part. after the 2nd verse you lost me tho bruh. i didn't get it.

i wasn't really feeling the other two. i like the message of miracualous apertures but i don't listen to nothing that sounds like this. so i can't speak on it like that. play this loudly, i just wasn't into it. sorry man. neither beat had a bassline and that's what i check for first.

but i did listen to all of em! let me know if you only want positive feedback i can do that too.

peace and check out that giorgio moroder catalog.