Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectDO NOT MAKE THIS YOUR MAIN MACHINE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=37258&mesg_id=37380
37380, DO NOT MAKE THIS YOUR MAIN MACHINE
Posted by willieev, Fri Jun-13-08 01:31 PM
As an owner/lover of the ASR-X that has been using it since the month of its release (used an MPC 60 before and recently went back to the 1000) I would definately not recommend making it you primary joint. For collection or as an add on because of what it can do with samples yes but not as your first machine. No one here that has used the X for more than 4 years can argue with the fact that the machine is for all intents and purposes a lemon in that the knobs will eventually fail and malfunctions will inevitably happen. And I mean that there is a %100 percent chance. And in all likelihood it will happen right when you fall in love with it. My effects processor went out on me the 3rd day that I had it and I never sent it in cause I couldn't go a day without makin' beats on it.

Add to this the fact that Ensoniq was absorbed by E-mu and they discontinued support for the X because they felt that it was in direct competition with 2 beat machines that they had that were super garbage!