Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectvery nice...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=35676&mesg_id=35910
35910, very nice...
Posted by BarTek, Thu Apr-10-08 11:22 AM
to be honest, i usually can't stand r&b and soul but i have to say that i enjoyed your tracks.... you have all the makings of a good producer... i'd say at this point it would make a lot of sense for you to seek out artists and get on as many projects as possible... i really like how creative you get with your "musical ad-libs"... it's the little things you do in the mix that feel like spices on the flesh on the beat... you know what I mean... keep doing that... it brings a nice element to an otherwise solid beat... i don't think you have any major weakness, it seems like you know what you are doing, however... i think you can definitely push yourself further...

for the most part, your music is safe... i think you have the ability to get on the radio if you work with the right artist, however. i'd like to hear you get a bit experimental with your style... think outside of the box... perhaps you could introduce elements from other genre's, or do something funky with the eq on the instrumentation... as i mentioned up top, you do get creative with the elements you add but i really think you can take it further... i hope this makes sense... overall, you are a talented producer and i think you have a bright future with music... peace

@}-,-`-