Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI have to ask
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=35676&mesg_id=35706
35706, I have to ask
Posted by Key, Tue Apr-01-08 09:42 PM
What type of speakers are you listening on and what would you consider to be a perfectly mixed album? I find most people listen to music on monitors that lack high end, so mastering engineers will jack the high end up really high to compensate - I HATE THAT!! it kills my ears.

My speakers have a very flat response compared to most peoples so my unmastered tracks will have to be turned up really loud before the high end kicks in.

And, yeah I know some scales man, but I prefered the noise I came up with *shrugs*. I personally hate solos that are too tasteful and don't let go enough. But I could have easily gone the other way with that ending for sure.

Yeah, I'd say drums are sort of my weakness. It's hard for me to find my balance with what I want. I'm in between a normal drummer and a hip hop drummer and I never really know which way I should lean sometimes when I program.

Anyway thanks for listening. I think you are pretty much on point with the critique, the speaker thing is just something to consider - because some people hate the inverse which is a mix with way too much high end. Thanks
peace