Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectWHAT?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=30896&mesg_id=42160
42160, WHAT?
Posted by Seanp104, Thu Mar-12-09 07:31 PM
No offense dude but you have no clue what you are talking about. At first I thought you did but now I think you are just guessing this shit.

First off yes you can alter a sample but it has to be masked a great deal, you cant just sample it and say its your. Under copy law you are not allowed to sample voice or melodies. Second you need a mechanical license MSA license, otherwise you cant sample anything. These laws apply pretty much world wide. Europe South America. Asia etc. The only difference is other countries have different laws but the copyright laws are pretty much the same. And what this crap about publishing right??? There is no such thing as publishing rights. When a song is made it is split 50/50 between the artist and the publisher. that's it. If you sample someones music you are just going to pay out the ass in court. Your not going to loose anything. well maybe your house and your 401k but that depends on who you sample from. Whatever book you are reading i think you should reread it or have some translate it for you.