Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: See, homie, I do it all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=29036&mesg_id=29496
29496, RE: See, homie, I do it all.
Posted by proskee, Fri Aug-24-07 05:50 AM
>>>>Those cars are afraid of being outshined and their spot being
>>>>taken. I'm not, I do what I do (c) Kev Brown.

that's a real part of the biz, too.. i've been in contact with a few different artists (back in my 'artist' days) that DEFINITELY fit the same mold-i was on some tracks of their mixtape & anytime they played their CD, everyone would ask them when they heard me, "Who's that on the track?" but never ask about them. They got upset after awhile so they stopped contacting me

i've also had some contacts that I was working with before they produced for various mainstream artists that ended up not bringing me with them because, well, I produce better than them... cuz i kno i'm not as bad as they were though they have a lil skill... blah blah ramble--i know i'm not that terrible of a producer...

anyway, i joined this site a sec ago to reply to:

-Conscious-
...But it's an unfortunate practice for young beatmakers to just search for sounds from known artist thinking they can create great music by using. I've read on forums the frustrations of a lottah these kids that don't seem to understand that it's not the equipment and or the kits you use it's the talent you have to create good music as well as your appreciation for the music to begin with.

it's pretty dumb to knock cats saying "it's the talent and not the kits", cause i read that all over the different message boards out there and none of the arguments to support that make sense to me. so would you not give them the kit because it's a shit kit, or because your secret drums lay in one of those?? it's not like they're asking for loops and sticking them with some drums on frooty loops. i've heard some keyboardists produce tracks that couldn't compare to mines in quality because he had a shit kit to begin with -it was fundamentally (scales, chords) better but not more marketable in its execution & fullness. vice versa, there's a studio a friend of mines records at that has WAY more equipment than me, but his producer's shitty at beats (he should stick 2 the boards)

all i'm saying is i've never heard someone who's used an artist's kit make a song that sounded like the original track the chops came from.

maybe you could say the fact that the packs are so easy to come by you would evidently have a TON more wack, fly-by-night producers crowding up the internet market, making you work harder to show the higher-ups that you're not a part of that crowd. but even then, if that bothers you maybe you should consider what ya parents said about "going back to college".. lol.. but for real

sry 4 the long msg