Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: It's how you hook 'em up (c) Guru
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=29036&mesg_id=29094
29094, RE: It's how you hook 'em up (c) Guru
Posted by Conscious, Mon Aug-13-07 05:36 PM
Tis is true...

But it's an unfortunate practice for young beatmakers to just search for sounds from known artist thinking they can create great music by using. I've read on forums the frustrations of a lottah these kids that don't seem to understand that it's not the equipment and or the kits you use it's the talent you have to create good music as well as your appreciation for the music to begin with. I've had the privilege to do a little mentoring with a few young kats to basically give them a little more insight on this craft. Lottah times kats that really have been making music for a minute kinda roast the younger dudes. I think it's important to give'em a lil knowledge not shoot them down.

But I asked though because I wondered what communication would come back. I know personally a lottah kats are simply just lazy.. I think that really sucks... Some of my folks opt for loops on production and will never program a damn thing. End all I guess is if it works for you. We just need to focus on making good music. With integrity.

>I use what I find wherever I find it. I sample new music all
>the time. Thing is, I freex it MY way....
>
>I'm not using a Dilla drum to sound like Dilla, I use it
>because it fits.

www.freehiphopnow.com
Educate Entertain & Empower !