Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectTHE PREMIX FILES...............................................................LINK
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=20260&mesg_id=20260
20260, THE PREMIX FILES...............................................................LINK
Posted by rjd2, Wed Jan-03-07 06:28 PM
here it is, folks-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYVJISZT

i still cant believe im actually GIVING away all the parts from a song thats not even out yet. this has got to be the first time anyone has sprinkled the producer community like that-just kidding.

these came straight out of an mpc2000xl, so the folder also has the "ALL PROGRAMS & SOUNDS" file, so if you use that machine, you can just load it all up and it will be assigned to pads. otherwise, i hope they can just be loaded into any other program(reason? i dunno). LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE FILES. i will check back in later.

a little more backstory- somebody asked why i wanted to do this. here's why: information is the most powerful commodity on planet earth. and i thought it would be informative to producers to be able to work with a group of sounds WITHOUT the preconceived notion of them coming from a song they already know, but then be able to hear the song AFTER they got to mess with it. at some point, were all just gonna be dirt in the ground, so if somebody can get something out of some info youre sitting on, why hoard it? at least thats how i see it.

so now, you get to mess with these, you can see how somebody else would do with the same batch. when the record comes out, you can see how it got put together and where it came from. who knows; maybe all these versions are gonna sound the same. maybe not. i hope not. i hope theres a crunk version, a house version, a premiered out version, whatever. feel free to get yourmansandthem to do a 12 minute posse cut over the beat you do with this. spit hot ffffaaaayyyiiiiaaaa. go nuts......

and awaayaaaaaaayaaaay we go! c-fred flintstone

by the way, i need a better name than premix, shit is booty. im taking suggestions for a rename.