Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI'mma run outta order on these
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=19544&mesg_id=20122
20122, I'mma run outta order on these
Posted by InstruMental, Mon Jan-01-07 01:29 PM
Break, son. Clean bass riding that joint; that's the music's driving force, sounds like. Those drums are hittin, though; crank em up! Sounds like the emcee's hard at work on this cut, though; overall this is a real nice track mang.

Yo, Perpetrator got the sound of some classic West Coast in it. That beat just rides. Elle's capturing a sound with what she's doing, but I wonder if y'all couldn't bring it home more with either: some vintage grunge verb or: some HEAVY, smushing compression with some light filtering...or both!

Stay Focused is 98% a FIRE ASS CUT. Sounds like a couple seams could stand some filling in so it doesn't sound like breaks every four bars (reduces their effect). But Damn what these cats saying, that hook is WHASSUP! The emcee is bringing some fierceness; I'm loving this track yo.

Check it out...you got engineering lined up for her cuts? I'm asking because I'm hearing some stuff that could seriously pop off with some creative mixing..some next level type stuff, IMO.