Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI do admit, I hoped My Perspective would break into this big,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=19544&mesg_id=20117
20117, I do admit, I hoped My Perspective would break into this big,
Posted by InstruMental, Mon Jan-01-07 12:25 PM
thumping breakbeat sound joint after the initial 8 bars w/the clarinet. That woulda been intro HEAVEN..lol..but as the track is, it's got good things happening in it. Props bringing the perpetually slept-on wind instruments in, though it's hard to fit them into the modern palette. Still, the harp helps bring that home. The lone crisp snare sound threatens to turn the track into a club-pop type cut; to move away from that, I might recommend either lowering the pitch on the snare or stacking a lower sound under it. That and just a touch of very light reverb across the drums. And I may suggest flipping up the kick drum so it's not a one-bar pattern. Overall, this cut would benefit from going back under the knife some more, but it's got a good foundation to it; keep it up mang.

YO. Out Of The Dark needs, IMO, a BIG, HEAVY, GRUNGY, DIRTY SNARE DRUM, and a GRIMY, MEAN KICK DRUM. That shaker and the regular cymbal hits are just fine to me, and the pads/melody are cool. And bringing sumn from that CTA intro..lol...back periodically in the beat will add musical cohesiveness.