Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI have to disagree with V. on the drums in Baby Don't; I think the
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=19544&mesg_id=19841
19841, I have to disagree with V. on the drums in Baby Don't; I think the
Posted by InstruMental, Mon Dec-25-06 10:07 PM
snare verb is pretty on point. IF you were to boost the snare, you'd wanna leave the reverb where it is, though..lol...but if I did hear anything funny, I'd say maybe the kick drum was beating that fonky-ass bass riff back too much. And turn the filtered section up! Let it crank! Those highs need to sing through for that 5 seconds! (IMO)

Vision gets some creativity points for that chopping and selection. Now in THIS I do have a reverb gripe, on that reverse cymbal...and the kick seems to have somewhat funny timing, like it keeps jumping its own groove just a little bit. Musically, I'm loving it though. Nice tag vamp on the end, too; this joint gets into some sounds that many a cat is scared to put under the knife.

Neo...yeah yo. Minor 9th chords are my favorite tonal harmonic construction. That clean guitar? Hard as the joint grooves, I do wish it had more than just one drop, but it's understood this was a short clip. Nice choice of sounds throughout.