Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRoll Call!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=45573
45573, Roll Call!
Posted by SanfordBlack, Wed Jun-09-10 11:16 AM
Greetings OKP!

I am Sanford Black from Dallas, TX, reppin' Poor Vida Productions. I make funky hip hop instrumentals from outer space using Reason, Adobe Audition and Cool Edit Pro, records, a couple synthesizers (MicroKorg and Ensoniq ESQ-1 which I love so much) and I bang the shit out of my MPD18. Been at it for about five years, sucking hard for about 4.75 years.

Working on my first release right now, should be done in a month and out in two or three, then I've gotta figure out how to get a live set going (and more importantly, how to make a live set interesting).

I was initially inspired to make beats after hearing Prefuse 73 and Madlib (around the same time). Something about the quality of their work hit me hard in the chest and led me to believe crafting beats was something I could get involved with. Now, I get my inspiration from life. It is turbulent and ridiculous and unfair and way too hard but if I can pick out the best parts of it and turn them into sounds, then turn those sounds into music... well... I'ma do that.

Peace!
eSBee