Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectgreat post..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=27054
27054, great post..
Posted by cHarlie_maTic, Fri Jun-08-07 08:47 AM
peace ya'll

i go by the name of dot.|maTic.. i got a few aliases tho..

dot.|maTic = undergound hip hop, "dirty soul" music (what i'm known most for..)
charlie hu$tle = mainstream pop, hyphy, r&b & dirty south music
young hef = crack music
yoshii m. = nu-jazz, broken beat & ambient

i represent the south jersey/philly tri-state area.. big up to my team W.K.E. & (4)or Corners Music. im also in a 2-man group wit my mans Mental outta Cali called "dot.|menTal".

equipment i use:
mpc2000xl (studio plus edition), boss sp-505, yamaha psr-330, numark pro cd players & turntables, sony mini-disc deck, apple g4 laptop w/ garageband2 & logic express, korg microkontrol, m-audio condenser mic, korg D1600 hard disk recorder, massive amounts of cd's & vinyl.... aside from that, i'm nice wit basically whatever i can get my hands on.

how long i been doin it? first cracked the door open in 2000. more seriously since 2002 when i first got my own MPC, but i came into my own around 2004 wit it.

what i wanna do with it? create it, heal with it, heal from it, touch souls with it, make change with it.. provide some of the illest soundtracks to life ever heard.. inspire others to do the same..

my inspiration? love. life. the creator. the universe. the kids.

>if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a
>producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you
>all they know, who would it be?

tie between ?uesto & dr. dre. those cats create some EPIC shit as far as puttin together albums from start to finish, mixing, etc.

nice to formally meet you all :)