Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI am MidPoint, I be producing a project for ABNG (Lessondary)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=27048
27048, I am MidPoint, I be producing a project for ABNG (Lessondary)
Posted by MuZiK Macks, Fri Jun-08-07 02:43 AM
who you are (if you've got a crew, shout 'em out here):MidPoint, aint got a crew, im slightly affiliated with lessondary, but not apart of the crew or whatever. Im working with A Brother Named George on a project called "HighResolutionGraphicLanguage" which will also be featuring some familiar faces (which i dont think George wants people to know about just yet)

where you rep: The Bay Area, but I aint contributing to the hyphy movement, but im not frontin on it either. it is what it is

what type of music you make: Hip Hop all day lol. Sample based. I also am a drummer of almost 10 years i want to say, and been freakin the funk with that since haha. Jazz with some real cats is alot of fun too,

what you use: Acid Music Studio actually. its not really meant for beats, but i figured out how to manipulate it well enough. I got my turntables and mixer wired into my computer (no compressors or anything)

how long you been doin it: I havent been grinding at it for very long, but i would say maybe 2 years seriously

what you wanna do with it: I just love doing it. I mean id lie if i didnt want it to go somewhere, cause whats better than living off of what you love to do right? im not gonna stop making beats tho, reguarless is people are checkin for me or not

inspiration: Life haha. nah i dont know, walking through the city with a random tape of instrumentals and just watching people, and takin in the environment always gets me makin shit more than anything.

if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you all they know, who would it be? well, I admire Madlib above all producers, so that would be my pick. youd learn alot about alot of other musics with that cat too, and he an instrumentalist as well as a beatmaker, so yeah.