Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI'm Spread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=17471
17471, I'm Spread
Posted by _Spread_, Mon Oct-23-06 01:44 PM

>
>who you are (if you've got a crew, shout 'em out here): My group is called "The Philosophy" I also work with other artists and am working on a solo project and a mixtape (i'm a DJ as well and MC/Producer)
>
>where you rep: Naptown, IN...what!?
>
>what type of music you make: dope shit...hiphop mostly but I play a few instruments and enjoy playing all types of music.
>
>what you use: SP1200, Turntables, Pro Tools, Acid, Reason, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, a micromoog, vocoders, and much much more!
>
>how long you been doin it: Been playing music since I was a kid, MCing since jr. high ('91) and been DJing and producing hiphop since about '95
>
>what you wanna do with it: heal the world, make it a better place...and fuck a lot of fine bitches and make enough money to retire in Costa Rica or Brazil
>
>inspiration: too many to count...as far as beatmaking goes, Rza Dilla Dre Prince Paul...I take most of my influences from everyday life and situations like that.
>
>if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a
>producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you
>all they know, who would it be?
Stevie WOnder or Herbie Hancock