Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: producer roll call: meet & greet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=17250
17250, RE: producer roll call: meet & greet.
Posted by latif888, Wed Oct-18-06 06:06 PM
who you are (if you've got a crew, shout 'em out here):downpat , shout out to Ryan Officer and his crew in Chicago, and all F5 records affiliates from the Carbondale days.

where you rep: Philly, Chicago

what type of music you make:all over the board...i've been involved in punk, classical, jazz, hiphop, and r&b/soul projects.

what you use:a few guitars and basses, various pedals old and new, mac, protools 6.4(7 soon), keystation 49e, and a few soft synth apps

how long you been doin it:i learned my first instrument at age 8, but i've only been making beats for about two years

what you wanna do with it: make a living, work with artists who actually look at it as ART!

inspiration:any kind of music that has a spark of something you can't put your finger on.

if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you all they know, who would it be?: tough question. Probably George Martin, who produced several beatles records, and helped expand the sonic possibilities of studio production.

www.soundclick.com/downpatproduction

www.philafunk.com/BreakbeatMandala