Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectKenny Dust
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=17184
17184, Kenny Dust
Posted by kenny_dust, Tue Oct-17-06 08:20 PM
>who you are:

Kenny Dust: man of the world, child of the universe. MC/Producer. Ay!

>where you rep:

The universe via Jamaica via London, England.

>what type of music you make:

Mostly hip-hop but I've got some experimental shit in the pipeline, influences include Reggae, Soul, Jazz, Latin, Rock n Roll
>
>what you use:

MPC-2000, prefer the 3000 but ain't found one to buy yet.

>how long you been doin it:

Been writing for since childhood, recording & performing for the last 10 years, blessed stages in Spain & South Africa along the way.

>what you wanna do with it:

Am already doing it. The aim is to increase exposure and earnings. Interested in working with serious artists esp. ppl that pay.

>inspiration:

The most high. To carry on the legacy of music with a message that I was raised on.
>
>if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a
>producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you
>all they know, who would it be?

King Tubby. He is the original and best, what he did sonically with '70s Reggae is still unmatched. He had the perfect balance between imagination and technology. His spirit is so strong, it's what makes his music unique, u can FEEL his presence even when he was working for other artists.

Props on the music fam, might as well say it here seeing as I can't msg u on ya slick-ass Myspace page. Like the matrix on there, or maybe minority report. lol

Great post btw man.