Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: producer roll call: meet & greet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=17172
17172, RE: producer roll call: meet & greet.
Posted by Asoyini, Tue Oct-17-06 05:27 PM
>who you are (if you've got a crew, shout 'em out here):

Ayana Soyini from Khamouflage Productions

>where you rep:

Born and raised in New York City

>what type of music you make:

Reggae, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Dub, Soul/R&B... whatever sounds good!

>what you use:

An old school Roland XP-50 Keyboard, live bass, percussion, electric guitar, two turntables and a mixer, Laptop running Ableton Live with an X-Session controller mostly... that's the core of my setup... though I have other gear.

>how long you been doin it:

Started working in a recording studio as an engineer in 1992 or 1993 (I forget)... got slightly sidetracked and hooked up with a Hip Hop collective mid '90's and and focused more on my emceeing... but now I'm back on track.

>what you wanna do with it:

I would like to eventually be considred as the first female SUPER PRODUCER... unfortunately I have yet to link up with any SUPERSTARS to accomplish said feat!!!! lol It seems like you need someone really famous to publically cosign your shit and I've had bad luck and disappointments in this regard... lotta folks didn't ride for me like I thought they would...

>inspiration:

I'm a female doing what it considered a man's job... The fact that I have obstacles placed before me keeps me going... plus I enjoy being creative and producing something "new"

>if you could learn under the tutelage of ONE person, be it a
>producer, vocalist, instrumentalist; and have them teach you
>all they know, who would it be?
>
PRINCE (for his all around musicanship) and MARIAH CAREY (for her vocal ability)