Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectRE: DO NOT BOOTLEGG DILLA's SHIT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15593
15593, RE: DO NOT BOOTLEGG DILLA's SHIT
Posted by Revo1, Fri Sep-22-06 08:50 AM
Digital bootlegging can only be battled one way. For every song someone bootlegs you had better have a way to purchase that song digitally. On iTunes, Rhapsody, eMusic, etc. Otherwise people are going to not think twice about bootlegging on a P2P program a song or album they can't find locally in stores. As far as combatting illegal digital bootlegging, it's really as simple as that. I rarely purchase CD's online. It's just the idea of waiting a week for the music to show up in the mail that gets me. I'd rather download the album and burn it myself. I'm a music fan. I just wanna' cop the shit. It's up to the artist to get their music out their to be purchased. If I can't find your album for purchase, don't complain if I happen to bootleg it while waiting for you to properly market your shit to me so I can rightfully buy it. I know this is a new ideology toward the process of making music and buying it, but welcome to the digital age of the music industry. If you sleep on properly distributing your shit, you will get slept on by my wallet. Don't get me wrong, I mean I want to buy your shit. Unless your shit is diamonds in the rough like a debut album by Mike Ladd that is out of print now, I'm not going to put my all into digging for your music for years and years when I can just download it from a P2P. No offense, even after I download it and burn it to CD, I'm still going to be waiting to find it for sale so I can get the full CD quality tracks, but I'm not going to lose sleep or not listen to good music just because you are failing to get your shit out there. Not that this has anything to do with J Dilla at all. I'm just speaking in general about all the bootlegging talk. I don't have any Dilla beat tapes. Never heard one. Too bad their not being distributed properly right now. I'd buy them from Ma Dukes herself if I could. If he literally has thousands of beats unreleased, release them. The longer you wait the more cats who are begging for the shit will seek alternative means to getting a hold of that classic material that nobody's heard yet from the man, the myth, the legend. And to the cats like the one above me in another post who says why pay for anything you could get for free, in no way do I mean to justify such ignorance. Whatever you do for a living, why would anyone pay you when you can do it for free? Grow the fuck up. Buy the music. If I can't buy it, I'll be waiting to buy it when you get off your ass and give it proper release - as selfish a music fan as that makes me. Being the asshole in the situation does help promote artists who do it for the love of the music, not selfish ass music fans like me who want it and want it now. My apologies.