Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectyes - nonsense...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15409
15409, yes - nonsense...
Posted by tREBLEFREE, Tue Sep-19-06 11:15 PM
>Why did the MODs shut down the
>previous post with the links to download the beattapes & start
>this one?

because by mandate of ?uesto, people are not to supposed to be sharing ANY unreleased material from ANYBODY on these here boards.

You don't believe me? Ask him.

>What I don't understand about Box's posts are how one can openly
>condone public file sharing of ANYONE's music, let alone
>Dilla's.
>
>He brought up the point that people on this messageboard are
>not to blame for the file sharing of Dilla's music... I got
>that point... & he's right... they are not FULLY to blame...
>but if you condone it happening on the messageboard & you
>think thats all good, then your a PART OF THE PROBLEM as
>well.

With all due respect, I disagree with you and here's why:

A.) In THIS generation, file sharing is the equivalent of me handing you a tape of some dope shit I want you to hear. By me passing that tape to you, I'm putting you up on some shit you would have NEVER fucked with in the first place. That's education. Don't let the record industry fool you into thinking that because the quality of mp3s are better than that of cassette tapes that the game is different.

REAL fans are STILL gonna buy the shit they've downloaded when it comes to the market for purchase...

B.) A REAL PROBLEM would be if ANY of these people downloaded the files, burned them to 1000 CDs, photoshopped some pics and artwork that depicts Dilla and actually sold it somewhere...

Oops - somebody already did that - and instead of going after them with a lawsuit, you & houseshoes are here threatening us - the fans...

WWDTOT? - What Would Dilla Think Of That?

>Secondly... Dilla DID know who I was when he was alive...
>Believe me or not, I don't care. I know & that's all that
>matters.

Cool.

Then please address the REAL issue of who's bootlegging Dilla (if you and houseshoes actually start looking for them) and make sure them cats pay for their crimes.

Leave the fans alone. We are breathing life into his legacy everytime someone else finds how great he was by hearing a song, beat, or rap he created.