Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectyou didn't even read ALL of what i said
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15408
15408, you didn't even read ALL of what i said
Posted by tREBLEFREE, Tue Sep-19-06 10:52 PM
>false in why i even care about dillas legacy?

yes - that is wahat I initially started my thoughts with - and THEN, I proceeded to make points as to WHY I feel way.

Since you missed them the first time, let me restate them - and I REALLY hope you read EVERYTHING I say and adequately respond:

Bootlegging in itself (as a crime) is about SELLING unauthorized material.

SHARING MUSIC FILES IS NOT BOOTLEGGING.

NO MONIES ARE BEING EXCHANGED.

How do you REALLY think Dilla became the legend that we all believe he is? FANS SPREADING THE WORD AND HIS MUSIC. Yeah, he earned all the props he got, but if NONE of us in here EVER shared a Dilla beat CD, a Fantastic cassette tape (which as you know was dubbed a MILLION times over), or an mp3 of a Dilla song that only got released in West Bubblefuck, Dilla would be just another beatmake in his basement with thousands of records and a dream.

NOBODY IN HERE EXCEPT WALLYCHAMP HAS EVER ATTEMPTED TO SELL ANY OF DILLA'S SHIT WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION.

HE TRIED TO SELL THE BEATTAPES HE HAS ON EBAY.

SOMEONE WHO REALIZED HE WAS A FAN AND WOULD APPRECIATE THEM GAVE THEM TO HIM.

IN CASE YOU FORGOT ALREADY, HE'S THE ONE WHO "SNITCHED" TO YOU.

A leak has to start somewhere - pipes don't leak water without being busted - just like tracks don't leak without somebody starting the chain - think about it...

And while you're at it, ask Wallychamp who HE got the discs from in the FIRST place - the answer might surprise you...

>jay was my friend bro.

NOBODY EVER SAID HE WASN'T.

You're a DJ - YOU of all people should know how this underground hip-hop shit works - are the rules supposed to change because your best friend dies?? C'mon man - for real...

Don't respond with emotions dog - read what I say and respond with logic. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have the mental capacity to do that.

>you are off balance.

Once again, you didn't read anything I said - but the first sentence - then you went off. Read again.

>im not a dilla fan.

Who ever said you were?

As much respect as people have for Dilla's stuff, they're gonna buy the official shit when Madukes releases it ANYWAY.

If you're REALLY concerned about Dilla's legacy, stop the REAL bootleggers.

I'll repeat this since you missed it the first time -

A.) SOMEBODY in Detroit was SELLING CD-Rs of Dilla's 2002 Beats (you know - the 5 volumes) - they made a compilation of their favorites and sold it. I know people who bought one too. LOG OFF NOW, FLY BACK HERE TO 313 AND GET AT *THEM* MUTHAFUCKAS.

>im the only muthafucka whose calls he would answer when he was
>in the hospital and the rumors(which started here) of a coma
>started floatin.
>
>we broke bread.
>
>on several occasions.
>
>he was my friend u understand?

yes - i do understand. that was NEVER in question. once again, you didn't even read my initial post.

>and im holdin my bro down til i see him again.

You now holdin' Dilla down by threatening his fans on a messageboard man...

FANS TRADE MATERIAL.

BOOTLEGGERS SELL IT.

Is that clear enough for you?

>and thats from madukes.
>
>she told me 2 police this shit.
>
>and thats what im doin.

no you're not.

you ain't policin' shit by hollerin' at dilla's fans who trade his material out of love and respect for his work while the muthafuckas makin' money off of Dilla shirts and CDs that Madukes has no hand in are still gettin' paid.

Get on your job and:

A.) Get at them cats from the D I told you about earlier - you from here so you should be able to track 'em down

B.) Get at MAJOR LABEL ARTISTS WHO HAVE MADE MIXTAPES with Dilla's beats on them and them rapping over them - I.E. DE LA SOUL.

Let me know what you find out. If you're really "holding it down" for your "bro" and you TRULY have Dilla and Madukes' best interest at heart, you'll be surprised at what you find out.