Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectyou know, I told earl flynn I was gonna ignore this post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15402
15402, you know, I told earl flynn I was gonna ignore this post
Posted by tREBLEFREE, Tue Sep-19-06 09:37 PM
but i got some shit to say:

Houseshoes - I have officially lost ALL respect for you. You are false in your representation of why you even care about Dilla's "legacy" .

Bootlegging in itself (as a crime) is about SELLING unauthorized material. You SERIOUSLY sound like the RIAA knockin' on people's doors and arresting people because they have a computer with 1000 songs on it they got from some random person on the internet.

Now pay close attention to this next part because this is where it gets crucial:

NOBODY IN HERE EXCEPT WALLYCHAMP HAS EVER ATTEMPTED TO SELL ANY OF DILLA'S SHIT WITHOUT HIS AUTHORIZATION.

File-sharing will go on no matter HOW many people you threaten. If it's not people here on okp, it will be people on other messageboards - and much like real-life, the REAL crooks ain't postin' SHIT about what they do, who they bootleg and who they give it to. So all of your shouts and threats are actually going out to those who actually appreciated Dilla and all the work he has done.

Does that make any sense to you? I hope so.

And apology or not, dissin' somebody else's music in a effort to make, prove or strengthen your point makes you look ALL FUCKED UP. Think about it.

If you're REALLY concerned about Dilla's legacy, stop the REAL bootleggers - SOMEBODY in Detroit was sellin' CD-Rs of Dilla's 2002 Beats (you know - the 5 volumes) - they made a compilation of their favorites and sold it. I know people who bought one too.

LOG OFF NOW, FLY BACK HERE TO 313 AND GET AT *THEM* MUTHAFUCKAS.

And to answer you before you suggest it, I did not buy one. I actually already have 4 of the 5 volumes - out of respect for who slid them to me, I will not share them - and I fully intend to keep that promise.

artbymotorcity: you know, you are proof positive that when people die, niggas lose their minds - and by that I mean:

a.) tryin' to overstate their importance in said dead person's life
b.) tryin' to act as if you were said dead person's best friend when the cat probably didn't even know who you were when he or she was alive.

Keep some perspective about your shit and think before you post ANYTHING. Lunchbox presented some great points and you refuted all o them with nothing but pure nonsense.

www.myspace.com/treblemusick - Album coming 2007 (4 real this time, i swear...)

www.weareomniverse.com - don't front & say u listenin' bitch...be about it...