Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectI can see your point a bit...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15371
15371, I can see your point a bit...
Posted by Lunchbox, Tue Sep-19-06 03:29 PM
but not completely. My opinion on bootlegging is real simple. In the tree of things from birth to public ....it comes from the artist. Then through his camp, then through his label, then manufacturing, then us. When I say those beats were released....signed artist have rhymed on quite a few of them joints. That's what I meant by that. Be it on their mixtapes, albums or what have you they rhymed on them.

If he didn't like that they were put out there.....how did they get out there? I have 4 finished albums in my possession right now. They not on soulseek they not on aim, they not found anywhere because I keep my shit air tight until time to release. If Dilla didn't want them released, burned, or bootlegged....who is responsible for that? It damn sure aint us. I don't know where Dilla makes his beats. I don't know where his house is located. I don't even know who his circle is and probably couldn't point them out in a lineup aside from houseshoes and ?uest or Common. SOMEONE near his camp is responsible for the leak.

To point blame at us....that's rediculous.

But.....as I'm willing to listen to other perspectives I'm advicing you to do the same. The manner in which you going about your approach...it's other ways shit can be done and screaming on Dillas fans aint the one that should be in the forefront.

If anyone on here....you included.....has made a beat and not paid the person you sampled ....then they can not stand to the side and point fingers at how Dilla's fans is coming across his released or unreleased material.

We all want to help his mother. Somewhere in your heart you have to believe that.