Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectdvs is right.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15321
15321, dvs is right.
Posted by JNOTA, Mon Sep-18-06 07:11 PM
for what its worth, im a fan of dilla's music, and always have and will support any of his projects that are released. if theres any unreleased dilla music on the net, im gonna find and download it. and if my people want a copy, i give them a copy. i respected dilla and his work, and i can sympathize with the fact that he left behind unpaid medical bills and "mouths to feed." for that reason, i supported the j dilla foundation and the shining lp and i encourage people that i know to do the same if they feel the music.

i just gotta say this, though- shoes; the way you are handling this is a mess. you are cursing people out and threatening them on message boards in an attempt to deter people from sharing dillas unreleased music- music that has been online and shared on message boards and p2p outlets for well over a year now. youre doing this because you feel that this will deter sales from any future product you put out in his name... from a marketing and branding perspective, youre destroying whatever it is that you are trying to protect and/or create. when i listen to dilla's music, the last thing i wanna think of is you and people threatening each other on a message board. you guys should come up with a better plan to try and achieve the desired results.

"smarten up, open the market up"