Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMake The Music
Topic subjectyou are one touched individual
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=15028&mesg_id=15301
15301, you are one touched individual
Posted by Lunchbox, Mon Sep-18-06 12:43 PM
let's get the term of "bootlegging" correct here.

Bootleg - To sell the artist material without the artist permission to do so.

Dan should have expressed that shit correctly before he posted this because it points a finger to a ton of cats without nailing what the proper definition is. Having said that.....Wally...you fit. Not because we 'say' you did but because 'you' actually did. You can downplay the event all you want by saying that you did a joke and asked someone to pay for it on ebay and then did a sike a boo boo when he offered money. Point is.....ebay don't work like that. You have to set up an account, you have to put up the device in question of being sold, you have to put up a number of days it's open to bid on this item. With all that being that....THAT'S AN INTENT TO SELL. Period.

For a man like myself who respects Jay Dee wholeheartedly....that kind of "joke" wouldn't even have crossed my mind to perform. Now...since you see fit to be houseshoes jr. and pop up in almost every post dealing with Dilla and tell folks what's violating and what's not why....on earth....would you perform a fucked up joke like that on anyone when you claim to respect Dilla so much?

Second. Since you run and tell houseshoes that Obsidian put up a link to beat tapes that circulated way before dilla passed.....did you tell Ms. Yancey that you are selling a Dilla T-Shirt that you designed? Is Ms. Yancey, Dilla's brother, his two kids, sister seeing any of those proceeds? If not.....that's bootlegging too.

houseshoes....say what you will about my man's music or my crew for that matter...but we aint your enemey or Dillas. Where were you when DVS put up a thread talking about if he ever hit the lottery how he would donate more than half to Ms. Yancey herself and he got CLOWNED by everyone in there. This was posted in General Discussion and folks in this thread...CLOWNED him too. Now this is a man who is saying he would donate MORE THAN HALF to a mother of a man who he's never even met. DVS has 4 kids, a brother, a sister, a wife. And he's talking about donating it to Dilla's mom. houseshoes.....where were you? Wally.....where was your reporting skills? Anyone?

Also....houseshoes....where were you when DVS made a post in THREE parts talking about how he PURCHASED the entire PACKAGE that okp is promoting and hasn't seen it YET?? Where? Notice I said three parts. THREE. He made three different post asking where something he PURCHASED is. Your barking would have came in handy on any of those posts houseshoes. But naw.....you here...acting like you protector of the keep. That's bullshit.

Besides the funeral(and I have a few issues with that too). There's some parts in me and I'm sure a number of fans that feel Dilla wasn't sent off right. You barking about how DVS is disrespecting Dilla on a board that's dedicated to him? Did you see this board before we the people chimed in on how fucked up it was? This shit was a ghost town. Dedication songs are being made out the ying yang. Albums are being made out the word work to honor this man(one being done by us included) and you snapping cause folks is trading something that was already out? Albums done by dudes who ROLLED with this man is sounding half assed and not even spit with passion and you jumping on a moment of file sharing? Please tell me you're kidding.

I can speak for everyone in OMNi when I say they respect every thing that is Dilla/Jay Dee/James Yancey. Thanks to my respect for his music my whole voice has changed. I screamed the chorus for "Ice" by my damn self in Detroit until he came back on stage and performed it as a encore while folks looked at me like I was stupid. Ripped my vocal chords to the point once they healed up I can't hit the same pitch I used to anymore. But it was all worth it to see the look on Dilla's face when he came back out to perform the track.

A link went up containing material folks already had. That's not bootlegging. We aint the problem. That material was already released and deny it if you will.....but that link probably educated someone on who he was to make them want to go and dig and buy something else of his. Your source ....you may want to give him a good talking to though. And if my man's material is still wack to you after all that....then fine. But pick a better forum for your insults.