Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Touchstone = Disney
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=9906&mesg_id=9923
9923, RE: Touchstone = Disney
Posted by actualfact, Wed Mar-26-03 06:47 PM
but then I'm kind of a
>crybaby these days.

So am I
I think it's a father/son thing. Most of my female friends didn't enjoy the film. Or if they did, it was for other reasons than that relationship. But monologue was delivered with the love I've always wanted from my dad and never received so it just hit me incredibly hard.

My beef with the fuck you monologue (which is really nitpicking) was how poetic it is. It didn't transition well for me especially on my second and third viewings. He starts out in character and all of a sudden he's gone the route of a slam poet and it works once it gets going. but the transition into it is a tad bit rough. It wasn't the fact he was speaking to the camera or the content, but the use of language.

The credits sequence was balls to the wall. i was really disappointed that GONY didn't include a post 9/11 shot of NYC in the film's final montage. i thought it was just chickenshit. And i was so proud of Spike for opening his film with that image.

He made the film to see and praise about NY this year